Mechanical Design Engineer
The primary responsibilities of this position include: product concept design and development, detailed mechanical design of medical and industrial devices, 3D CAD modeling (SolidWorks), FEA, production of detail drawings (GD&T) and support for manufacturing transfer processes. An ability to interact closely with other engineers, quality resources, sales and other departments is required. Responsible for products from concept phase through manufacturing transfer is anticipated.
- Work with customers, sales, and other engineers to define customer product and development requirements.
- Assist in generation of proposals for feasibility, development, V&V and manufacturing transfer projects.
- Develop system architecture and detailed mechanical design to customer’s specifications.
- Evaluate and select components, mechanical technologies, and suppliers.
- Develop mechanical design files: SolidWorks 3D Assemblies, components and detailed drawings, assembly drawings and tolerance stack-up analysis, component procurement and fabrication drawings.
- Interact closely with Electrical Engineers for design on integrated electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Prepare test plans, and conduct or support Verification and Validation testing.
- Collaborate effectively with other engineers, sales, quality, purchasing, and manufacturing departments to assist in manufacturing transfer efforts.
- Strong understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA quality processes for Class II & III devices
- Develop the necessary product documentation including Design History Files, Device Master Records, DFMEA and PFMEA.
Education and Skills
The successful applicant will have BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience delivering technical presentations. A practical approach to defining customer’s requirements and engineering proposals is required. The candidate must have at least five (5) years of medical, aerospace, or industrial mechanical engineering experience, including customer-facing capacities.
Please include Mechanical Design Engineer in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.