To provide strategic, operational, and day-to-day leadership to the accounting function at the Company. To provide the President and top management with financial reports to facilitate proper decision making in all areas of the business. This position supervises the Accounting and IT Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for establishing, coordinating, and maintaining sound accounting practices and procedures for the company. Supervise general accounting, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions for the company. Oversee computer system and vendor functions, as well as insurance and pension needs. Provide monthly financial and operational reporting to top management as assigned, and suggest areas of improvement in the operations to better the company.
- Responsible for cash management, budgets, and forecasts. Prepare balance sheets, P&L statements, and records for the tax accountants. Responsible for proper signatures and endorsements on documents and checks to ensure internal controls. Responsible for inventory control procedures and physical inventories.
- Coordinate and make applications where feasible for governmental grants and assistance for the company. Coordinate all governmental interface needs such as tax, workers’ compensations, FICA, COBRA, etc., and ensure compliance with all filing needs.
- Establish procedures for inventory control. Take a physical inventory once a year and report the results to the president. Provide recommendations that will help with inventory accuracy.
- Work cooperatively and coordinate all accounting responsibilities with staff members and other required personnel. Ensure that all office and cafeteria supplies are ordered and on hand for personnel’s use. This is a Senior Team position that requires strong communication and coordination in a cooperative, positive environment.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other Senior Managers and Company B personnel in a supportive, positive, team effort both at the Company and with customers and the outside world. Attitudes and approaches to all personnel are to be positive, business-like and results-oriented.
- Perform described duties to meet or exceed customer, AS9100/ISO9001, and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
Education, Experience, and Supervisory Responsibilities
Bachelors degree in accounting, with seven (7) or more years of accounting experience in an industrial environment. Supervise the Accounting and IT Department. Incumbent must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications. Experience with computer database systems, such as Visual Manufacturing, is a plus. Must have a high level of energy, be results-oriented, confident and have strong people skills. Must be able to establish and maintain a strong rapport and positive relationships with all levels of staff. Must be strategic in his/her orientation, proactive, persistent, and able to handle multiple projects and customers simultaneously, as well as work in a very fast-paced, team environment. Because the company runs at a very fast pace with multiple, rapidly changing priorities, the incumbent must be highly flexible, resilient, adaptable and comfortable working in a dynamic organization with an evolving culture. Incumbent must enjoy a challenge, be passionate about his/her work and have a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or any other legally protected status.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Please include Controller in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.