This is a hands-on position. The position entails getting into a fair amount of details with regards to making journal entries during the closing process, monitoring specific receivables, billing and justification of capital expenditures.
Establish, coordinate, and maintain sound accounting practices and procedures, present factual reports and interpretations of management. Manage daily cash requirements of the business and the supervision of all accounting personnel by overseeing all general accounting activities, which includes payrolls, payables, disbursements, customer invoicing and credit and collections. Maintain the financial accuracy and control of inventories and fixed assets and the accurate reporting of the Company’s financial metrics.
- Ensure credibility of accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the accounting function of the organization.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Negotiate with brokers for property/casualty insurance coverages and maintenance of policies.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting, including establishing, directing, and maintaining sound financial accounting practices and procedures, internal controls and management reporting systems for internal and external reporting.
- Develop procedures, systems, and controls that monitor and assure the accuracy of inventories and assets of the Company.
- Responsible for cash management, budgets, and forecasts.
- Manage general and cost accounting functions, payroll, accounts payable, credit and collections.
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate monthly and annual financial statements and reporting.
- Evaluate capital expenditure requests including lease vs. buy alternatives.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to TMG Performance Products Value Statement through personal example and actions.
- Travel to other Company locations as required.
Skills, Experience, and Education
Manufacturing accounting experience is essential with a Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA desirable. Our ideal candidate should have seven (7) years experience in various accounting or finance assignments, including supervisory experience.
The Accounting Manager will provide direction to the Senior Accounting Associate. The Accounting Manager reports to the company President and participates as a key member of President’s staff. As a business partner to the President and his staff, the Accounting Manager provides sound advice on business decisions based upon a thorough, factual understanding of the business.
Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism are essential to interact with the President and his staff, to interface with ownership and professional service suppliers and all individuals within the organization.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or any other legally protected status. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Please include the Accounting Manager in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.