The Production Supervisor will plan, direct, and coordinate the manufacturing operations of the Company. As the Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for manning shift operations for producing quality electronic medical devices.
Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, and efficiency through the provision of effective methods and strategies to include Lean (TPS) and Six Sigma methodologies. This position reports directly to the Manager Manufacturing Operations.
- Responsible for manufacturing quality electronic medical devices; quality, time and attendance, and overall performance of employees performing assembly and test functions.
- Plan, direct and coordinate shift production and will work directly with other supervisors and managers to coordinate materials, labor, quality, and shipment of product and to improve manufacturing of product.
- Responsible for the identification of opportunities and implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Develop and implement cost reduction plans through process improvements, system automation, and other action designed to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead the daily activities of group leaders and production workers.
- Provide leadership and direction for all direct reports including recommending hiring, developing and day-to-day supervision, discipline, and performance management as required.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-organizationally to resolve issues and/or determine how to accommodate new or unexpected requests for implementation in the short-term.
- Remove obstacles to solve problems and exceed expectations. Serve as a change agent to initiate new policies, procedures, and systems, as required.
- Foster, the overall growth and development of direct reports to meet current and future business needs through empowerment, special assignments/projects, cross-training, and coaching.
- Flexibly assign tasks and resources among team members to support changing business priorities and needs and eliminate tasks that no longer serve a purpose.
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Operations Management with seven to ten years experience in manufacturing processes for an electronic medical device contract manufacturer including rapid prototype development and electronic contract manufacturing. Experience in an ISO13485 manufacturing environment is helpful. Proven experience with Lean (TPS), Six Sigma implementation, and Kaizen team development across the production floor. Ability to participate in and coordinate multi-functional teams and collaborate with other departments, customers, and business partners. Demonstrated leadership ability to drive results and influence others to meet department objectives.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or any other legally protected status. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Please include Production Supervisor in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.
Please include Production Supervisor in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format.