The Production Planner/Scheduler is a diverse position covering the planning, scheduling, and tracking of workflow from the Research and Engineering department through the shipping department. This position receives drawing packages and requisitions from engineering personnel, adds planning data, and enters the packages into the company’s SAP system.
This position will be the focal point in creating a production scheduling system for the Company. The Production Planner/Scheduler creates, tracks, and reports on the current production status of released components. This position functions as a liaison between the Company’s Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, and Shipping and Receiving departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and prepares manufacturing production schedules and departmental workflows to establish sequence and lead time of each production operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, includes estimating.
- Analyzes plant capacity and production requisition data to determine manufacturing processes and required resources, prepares production reports.
- Manages the establishment and maintenance of production plans based on material availability, customer expectations, production capabilities and human resource planning.
- Develops general project scheduling plans that are aligned and traceable to the project Statement of Work.
- Works cooperative with the procurement and inventory activities that support the production plan.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Operations Manager to ensure planning schedules do not exceed actual capacities.
- Researches and assigns manufacturing times and due dates on parts as needed and document during the releasing process.
- Coordinates with departments and project managers as needed to identify resolve issues regarding budget and delivery.
- Monitors quality, service, and delivery issues, and takes corrective actions as needed.
- Identifies and resolves supplier and internal errors that result in budget or schedule discrepancies.
- Recommends material planning adjustments based on the analysis of lead times and marketplace trends, as required.
- Researches order and delivery discrepancies and resolve MRP related issues. Takes appropriate corrective actions to prevent similar issues.
- Works closely with customers as needed to establish best practices for material planning and forecasting.
- Manages the most cost effective material lot sizes based on inventory turn objectives, processing requirements, and production requirements.
- Interfaces with all concerned functions to maintain a continuous flow of information and corrects problems/discrepancies and implement changes/adjustments.
- All employees are responsible for the quality of their work to ensure the Company meets or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
- Participates in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow-up review with the team in a presentation format.
Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and five (5) years work experience or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree. Five (5) years relevant experience in developing and maintaining large complex integrated schedules for an electronic contract manufacturing firm in an FDA environment is helpful. Proven experience with Lean (TPS), Six Sigma implementation, and Kaizen team development across the production floor. Ability to lead and coordinate multi-functional teams and collaborate with other departments, customers, and business partners. Demonstrated leadership ability to drive results and influence others to meet customer requirements and delivery dates.
Please include Production Planner/Scheduler in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or any other legally protected status. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.