Manufacturing Operations Manager
Due to the growth of our client and continued focus on operational excellence, we have identified the need for a Manufacturing Operations Manager.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the manufacturing operations of the Company. As the Manufacturing Operations Manager you will be responsible for manufacturing operations, production scheduling, manufacturing engineering, rapid prototyping, shipping and receiving.
Manufacturing Operations Manager shall have previous experience in manufacturing electronic medical devices.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the Company’s operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies to include Lean (TPS) and Six Sigma methodologies. This position reports directly to the President and CEO.
Manufacturing Operations Manager must be a proven leader who is well-prepared to contribute to the strategic planning that impacts the future of our business. At the same time, we are looking for a “hands-on” leadership style manager who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves to learn the roles of each person who reports to him/her. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively with our Engineering, Materials, Quality, and Sales teams to ensure the highest quality of customer service is always achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility of this role is to provide seamless, efficient, and responsive delivery of finished products to our customers.
- Lead the daily activities of five (5) direct reports and group leaders.
- Provide leadership and direction for all direct reports including hiring, developing and day-to-day supervision as required.
- Set departmental business plans, priorities, departmental budget resources, and measurements to achieve daily and short-term objectives.
- Monitor results vs. objectives, positively recognize accomplishments and identifying timely and appropriate countermeasures to address deficiencies and hold staff accountable for performance.
- Accommodate multiple objectives and expectations from internal and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-organizationally to resolve issues and/or determine how to accommodate new or unexpected requests for implementation in the short term.
- Remove obstacles to solve problems and exceed expectations. Serve as a change agent to initiate new policies, procedures, and systems as required.
- Foster the overall growth and development of direct reports to meet current and future business needs through empowerment, special assignments/projects, cross-training, and coaching.
- Flexibly assign tasks and resources among team members to support changing business priorities and needs and eliminate tasks that no longer serve a purpose.
Skills and Qualifications
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or Operations Management with seven to ten years experience in manufacturing processes for an electronic medical device contract manufacturer including rapid prototype development and electronic contract manufacturing. Experienced in an ISO13485, FDA manufacturing environment. Proven experience with Lean (TPS), Six Sigma implementation, and Kaizen team development across the production floor. Ability to lead, coordinate multifunctional teams and collaborate with other departments, customers, and business partners. Demonstrated leadership ability to drive results and influence others to meet department objectives.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or any other legally protected status. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.
Please include Manufacturing Operations Manager in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.