PCB Designer/Layout Engineer
The PCB Designer/Layout Engineer supports all phases of PCB design, including schematic capture, layout, routing, symbol and footprint creation, generation of Gerber files, assembly drawings and other required PCB fabrication drawings and files as required. The PCB Designer/Layout Engineer works directly with the design engineers to provide project estimates and execute projects within deadlines. Creates and modifies detailed printed circuit board drawings according to customer requirements. Develops original designs and modifications to ensure product quality and facilitate manufacturability and production transfer. Reviews drawings and component specifications against design inputs for correctness and conformance to standards. Works with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and ECN/ECR documentation.
- Schematic design and capture for electronic circuits based on customer requirements
- Create PCB layouts (preferably Altium) and fabrication and assembly drawings including electronic components, microchips, FPGAs, chip-on-board and other miniaturized electronic component technologies
- Prepare and review PCB Bills of Materials, and identify and specify appropriate component manufacturers
- Breadboard and test of prototype electronic circuits, prepare test reports
- Deliver projects within project cost and schedule milestones
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by a design engineer
- Review completed drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to industry standards and regulations
- Confer with Design Engineering and Field Application Engineer and other personnel to resolve problems
- Design PCB for cost effective electronic application and design for best manufacturability practices
- Create standard work documents for either test or assembly production
- Prepare ECOs (Engineering Change Orders) and update drawings
- Measure factors that affect placement and arrangement of components on printed circuit board, such as distances to be spanned by wire and components
- Accurately report drafting time spent on each project
Education and Skills
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience with working knowledge of Altium for PCB design and layout, and electrical schematic capture. Experience in electrical schematic design, prototyping and testing is highly desired. The position also requires knowledge of regulatory guidelines (FDA, ISO, and UL) as it applies to design requirements and quality systems.
Please include Electrical CAD Operator Engineer in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com. No third-party resumes or telephone calls.