Buyer/Strategic Sourcing is vital to the success of the Company. We are an Electronic Contract manufacturer who primary business is the medical field. This candidate is required to have the ability to meet/exceed internal customer goals/objectives and effectively align procurement process to meet customer demands. Must have, working experience in electronics, metals, plastics and custom commodities. This position is focused on selecting, developing and managing suppliers, developing inventory solutions, reducing the currently purchased price, and preparing cost effective bid proposals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify and develop strategic suppliers creating partnerships to support Valtronic’s business goals.
· Responsible for: Obtaining and analyzing vendor quotations, research products, sourcing and manage vendors. Negotiate price, terms, and delivery of a wide variety of technical products including, a variety of electronic components, PC Boards, inventory control of materials and services. Build a relationship with prospective suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness. Analyze and reduce the current cost of components.
· Oversee and evaluate vendors to ensure the efficient operation of the procurement function.
o Build a supplier report card focusing on items such as Quality of parts and/or service, Purchase Price Variance and On-Time delivery.
· Identify material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases. Find alternative sources with the engineering team.
· Procurement utilizing Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) system reports to analyze and determine what parts are needed and when they need to be delivered.
· Develop and maintain a working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders of product supply.
· Support Sales and Marketing by providing accurate quoted costed bills of material for potential new business. Support Production with high-quality materials on-time.
· Manage inventory turns, annual purchase price variance and supply chain solutions.
· Manage the reduction of obsolesce.
· Proactively manage material and work order exceptions and provide feedback to Manufacturing & Project Management on critical information.
· Interface with project managers to establish workflow including release dates, releasing order, dates, and cash flow management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s Degree Business, Supply Chain or related area and/or at least 5 years of work experience with an electronic contract manufacturing firm or O.E.M. with related experience in material & production control, and material specifications. APIC certification beneficial.
· Position requires active involvement with material vendors and with original equipment company’ engineering and purchasing staff, and frequent interaction with our Manufacturing and Design Engineering, Quality Assurance, Finance, and suppliers.
· Quick comprehension of changing environments and good personal interactive communication skills; decision making and root cause analysis.
· The ideal candidate is a team player, detail oriented, with strong MRP/SAP systems and MS Office applications and Quote FX a plus.
· Must work independently and be able to manage tight timelines and changing priorities.
· Teamwork is imperative. Everyone works together as a team we are NOT as a collection of individuals, thereby improving our individual and team results.
· This position is a (get involved and) roll up the selves’ and do position
Please include Buyer/Strategic Sourcing in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org in Microsoft Word format. No third party resumes or telephone calls.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. The Company is an equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer.