Electrical Engineering Manager
Electrical Engineering Manager is responsible for providing vision and leadership to a growing engineering department and managing the department as a profit center. Position includes coordinating research, design, and development from PCB layout to full functional systems for aerospace, industrial, and medical devices. Engineering Manager is responsible for hardware and software design including test fixturing and system integration, sourcing materials and managing outsourced engineering vendors, planning and maintaining work systems, and procedures. Product design, development, and realization will be guided by FDA cGMP & ISO 13485 for class II and III complex medical devices. Position will oversee project planning and execution and interfacing with customers.
- Work with sales to define customer needs
- Participate in costing and quoting
- Properly define statement of work and implement a project plan
- Track actual to plan, foresee possible course corrections, and hold team responsible
- Direct engineering staff in formulating designs, cost estimates, and specifications through application of professionally accepted engineering techniques, practices, and procedures.
- Review engineering designs and specifications of electronic systems to ensure that installation and operation conforms to all industry standards as well as FDA & ISO 13485 standards and meets or exceeds all requirements.
- Develop effective and efficient procedures for the department.
Develop standards and templates related to project quality, execution, and documentation.
- Approve staff work schedules and assign specific duties as needed.
- Organize department structure to increase efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Interface directly and strongly collaborate with various departments including, but not limited to, sales, materials, operations, quality, and finance to communicate changes and ensure compliance.
- Lead the group in a manner that creates high morale, facilitates both team and individual development and delivers strong results in customer satisfaction.
- Achieves engineering operational objectives by contributing engineering expertise and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; leading well thought-out, planned new product introduction, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; preventing customer induced delays and resolving expectation problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements and implementing change.
Education and Skills
The ideal candidate must have an Electrical Engineering degree with ten (10) years of engineering management experience including knowledge of ISO 13485 and FDA medical device design and filing requirements. The successful candidate will provide leadership and managerial structure to ensure the day to day operations of the department run smoothly as well as plan strategically for growth of the department. Strong engineering leadership and business experience is a must. Candidate must have experience in technology development, system and product architecture, electronic hardware, software, packaging design, and NPI/release to manufacturing. Excellent written/verbal communication skills, experience in implementing cultural change in the engineering department and computer literate and proficient with MS Office and various engineering CAD systems to include Altium.
Please include Engineering Manager in the subject line of your reply. Please send resume with salary history to email@example.com in Microsoft Word format. No third party resumes or telephone calls.
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status. The Company is an equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants.