HR Case Study 8
STHRM, Inc. Works with Northeast Ohio Manufacturer and Distributer
Providing value to clients since 1993, STHRM, Inc. is a value-oriented source for Human Resources solutions. Our private consulting and custom-designed systems present a high-value, low-cost solution to fixed-cost human capital issues. Our staff has more than twenty-five years of corporate human resources experience with “Fortune” listed, “Inc. 500,” and privately owned businesses. The following STHRM, Inc. case study exemplifies the type of opportunities and challenges we undertake and the sound, value-added solutions we provide.
Notice: In order to maintain strict client confidentiality, business-specific information has been removed from this case study. The presented situations, activities, programs, projects, actions, and subsequent results are accurate.
Challenge: The client is a privately held company that manufactures and distributes metal, aluminum, and fiberglass products.
Solution: STHRM, Inc. was hired as an Interim Director, Human Resources.
- The most significant accomplishment was gaining the trust and respect of the employees within a short period of time, therefore increasing productivity and profitability.
- Transitioned company from an informal organization to a strategically aligned organization.
- Developed and implemented company-wide employment standard operating procedures for recruiting hourly and salaried positions. This included assessments, reference and background checks, and pre-employment physicals, drug screens, and on-boarding processes.
- Sourced, recruited, and assisted in pre-qualifying senior managers and other positions. Including initial interviews, conducted finalist reference and background checks culminating in best fit recommendation on best qualified candidates.
- Initiated company-wide survey of desired benefits leading to implementing a Health Savings Account (HSA) medical plan with significant cost savings from the previous year’s expenses.
- Re-wrote company’s employee handbook to reflect new corporate structure and to accommodate facilities in multiple states.
- Developed and implemented new hourly and salaried position descriptions which are tied to new performance appraisals.
- Initiated, refined, and implemented compensation survey for hourly, non-exempt, and salaried positions to include minimum, midpoint, and maximum and merit compensation administration program.
- Researched and developed and implemented mentoring and succession process for senior-level managers.
- Presented wealth management expert to senior executive management to plan and organizing personal and professional wealth management.
- Identified best fit for an external operations professional to assist the organization to grow domestically and internationally.
- Identified industrial psychologist to management to assist in continuation of senior manager’s professional growth and development.
If you are interested in learning more about this case study, results and services offered by STHRM, Inc. please contact, Glenn Levar (telephone: 440-979-1046, e-mail: email@example.com). To learn more about STHRM, Inc. visit www.sthrm.com.
STHRM, Inc. has teams and strategic alliances with executive wealth management experts, health and life insurance brokers, 401(k) providers, interim executives, professional advisers, operations professionals, third-party workers’ compensation administrators, and employment/contract attorneys.
We welcome referrals from our clients and friends. Please pass this case study along to anyone who may have a need or be interested in our services.