HR Case Study 13
STHRM, Inc. Establishes Asian Cosmetic Manufacturer's Northeast Ohio Operations and New Jersey Corporate Headquarters
Providing service to clients since 1993, STHRM, Inc. is a value-oriented source for Human Resources solutions. Our private consulting and custom-designed systems present a high-value, low-cost solution to fixed-cost human capital issues. Our staff has more than twenty-five years of corporate human resources experience with “Fortune” listed, “Inc. 500,” and privately owned businesses. The following STHRM, Inc. case study exemplifies the type of opportunities and challenges we undertake and the sound, value-added solutions we provide.
Challenge: The client is a publicly traded Asian company that engages in the research, development, production, and sale of skincare, makeup, haircare, fragrances and other beauty items. The company established a new plant operations in Northeast Ohio and a corporate headquarters in New Jersey.
Solution: STHRM, Inc. is selected to educate corporate executives and senior staff vis-à-vis federal and state laws affecting an employer with operations in Ohio and New Jersey.
- Educated corporate executives and senior staff on the following topics and sourced vendors for health, life, dental, short-term and long-term disability, business and property causality insurances:
- Government compliance
- Ohio employment laws
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Ohio child labor law
- Fair Labor Standard Act
- Overtime compensation
- Minimum wage
- OSHA – 29 CFR 1903
- Position descriptions
- Local market compensation salary and wages
- National market compensation salary and wages
- HRIS – Sourced HRIS company to implement payroll system
- Benefits – Sourced a broker to implement insurance policies
- Hospitalization insurance
- Medical benefits abroad/ global health benefits
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Sourced Broker to implement business property and casualty insurance policies
- Sourced third-party administrator (TPA) and managed care organization (MCO) to implement Ohio workers’ compensation
Notice: In order to maintain strict client confidentiality, business-specific information has been removed from this case study. The presented situations, activities, programs, projects, actions, and subsequent results are accurate.
If you are interested in learning more about this case study, results and services offered by STHRM, Inc. please contact, Glenn Levar (telephone: 440-979-1046, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). To learn more about STHRM, Inc. visit www.sthrm.com.
STHRM, Inc. has teams and strategic alliances with executive wealth management experts, health and life insurance brokers, 401(k) providers, interim executives, professional advisers, operations professionals, third-party workers’ compensation administrators, and employment/contract attorneys.
We welcome referrals from our clients and friends. Please pass this case study along to anyone who may have a need or be interested in our services.