HR Case Study 4
Electric Product Manufacturer and Distributor Saves $1.35 Million
Challenge: The client is a privately held company that manufactures and distributor electric products. The challenges arose from the deteriorating economy.
Solution: Shared Time Human Resources Management, Inc. was hired in the capacity of an Interim Director, Human Resources.
Accomplishments: Shared Time Human Resources Management, Inc. accomplished the following objectives:
- Performed a comprehensive analysis of the present state of Human Resources effectiveness
- Developed and executed a salary reduction in force (RIF)
- Assisted with guidance in preparing for labor contract negotiations and strike contingency planning
- Completed an hourly workforce reduction in force resulted • Revised and updated the Company’s Ethics Policy
- Developed and implemented an Office Performance Management System for both exempt and office clerical employees
- Developed and implemented HR Scorecard to track HR metrics
- Clerical positions were rated as exempt therefore misaligned to FLSA and re-evaluated as non-exempt
- Successfully handled/concluded various employee relations issues
Financial Results: Shared Time Human Resources Management, Inc. provided client operating income improvement through savings of $1,135,000.