HR Case Study 3
Northeast Ohio based Client Service Company with 75 Employees Saves $102,000 in Less Than 6 Months
Situation: Client’s Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation was in penalty rating.
Solution: Shared Time Human Resources Management, Inc. conducted a safety inspection, wrote the Premium Discount Plan (PDP+) which was approved by BWC, investigated new manual classification through BWC and brought into compliance with Ohio Drug Free Workplace.
Results: In less than six months, Shared Time Human Resources Management, Inc. achieved these specific and measurable results:
- Drug Free Workplace and PDP+ saved the company $18,000
- Lead in reclassification of BWC risk class reducing costs by $22,000 per year
- Initiated request for BWC audit resulting in recovery of $9,000
- Wrote PDP+ plan which was accepted by BWC
- Sourced new TPA resulting in annual cost saving of $53,000
- Conducted quarterly safety inspections to maintain a safe work environment and maintain new lowered BWC costs
- Challenged and won an unemployment claim
- Challenged BWC case resulting in dismissal
Financial Result: Shared Time Human Resources Management, Inc. leadership achieved net annualized savings of $204,000.